A Savage Stroke

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

If you can believe it, the Bush administration is prepared to pay hospitals and doctors for providing emergency care to illegal immigrants. The money, totaling $1 billion (that's $1,000,000,000), will be available for services provided through September 2008.

Talk about insanity. I haven't been hyping the illegal immigration problem as much as I should have lately - this front page news headline has been a wakeup call and as a result I will be paying a lot more attention to this issue.

I'm currently reading Michael Savage's Liberalism is a Mental Disorder for review on my site, and I can only imagine his reaction to Bush's plan. Savage's solution to the border problem is to use the military to seal off the borders completely and deport all illegal immigrants, forcing them to apply for legal status in the country.

It will be interesting to see how quickly Bush's usual supporters turn on him for his ridiculously lax position on the borders and illegal immigration.

0 comments: