Farewell Creep

Saturday, March 25, 2006

As the hours pass more and more documents "written" by disgraced conservative writer Ben Domenech are turning out to be works of plagiarism, and while he'd like to think otherwise, the detective work is not only being done by mean liberals, but by the victims of his work such as conservative outfit National Review which has turned up uncomfortable amounts of plagiarized work. This whole mess now begs the question: has Benny written a single article that's original?

I was angry when I learned he plagiarized after I endorsed his blog. I became extremely angry when he went on the offensive against the liberals who took him down and continued to fight the accusations with excuses, and now words don't express my feelings for this creep who still hasn't released a full apology after scores of documents have surfaced with his byline though written by someone else. Here's his latest:

I want to apologize to National Review Online, my friends and colleagues here at RedState, and to any others that have been affected over the past few days. I also want to apologize to my previous editors and writers whose work I used inappropriately and without attribution. There is no excuse for this - nor is there an excuse for any obfuscation in my earlier statement.
What about an apology to the writers such as Flick Filosopher with whom you have no affiliation? What about to the conservative bloggers as whole who believe their own reputations have been tarnished because of your serial plagiarism?
I hope that nothing I've done as a teenager or in my professional life will reflect badly on the movement and principles I believe in.
There he goes again with his teenager nonsense and his "principles." Seventeen-year-olds should be held to the same level of accountability that adults are when doing the same work. I'm sure, like most conservatives, Ben boy believes minors who commit murder should face no less severe a sentence as they were able to walk the walk just like the worst of them.
I'm deeply grateful for the love and encouragment (sic) of all those around me. And although I may not deserve such support, it makes it that much more humbling at a time like this. I'm a young man, and I hope that in time that I can earn a measure of the respect that you have given me.

Regards,

Ben
Yeah, he spelled "encouragement" wrong, but at this point we can't be surprised by anything from red face. And no Benny boy, you don't deserve any support or any measure of respect. You apparently love to play to "kiddy card" and for that you should be treated as such. Now go to your room. I hope we've heard the last from you.

And finally, I hope the conservatives bloggers out there will follow my steps and those of Aggressive-Voice reader The Gentle Cricket and remove all positive likes to RedState.org, which at this time is still allowing him to write there. RedState readers for the most part have forgiven him for what is inexcusable.

0 comments: