Sit Back and Enjoy the Show

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I don’t know about you, but I’m getting a kick out of this election business. Being that I’m a dedicated third-party voter (with the real influential power in this election...you’ll soon know what I mean) I don’t have a dog in this race. I don’t have to scramble and make sure everyone I know gets out and votes. There is no suspense for me. I’m going to laugh at which ever camp looses, and be amused as they complain and cry foul; the college and Hollywood liberals if Bush wins, and the conservative blogosphere if Kerry wins.

Browsing both Republican and Democratic websites and blogs has convinced me that supporters on both sides are virtually identical to each other, but you’ll never get them to admit that. Both are optimistic their side will win, both quote pollsters from the other side saying their side will win, and both camps are documenting every story they can find or contrive that suggests the other side is guilty of fraud, conspiracy and voter intimidation.

Anyone want to guess how long it will take for the loser to concede or the litigation to end?

0 comments: