H.O.P.E. is Here

Friday, November 19, 2004

This is just too funny. From their website:

H.O.P.E. (Horrified Observers of Pedestrian Entertainment) and Rhino Records are offering the good people of America who have been duped into buying Ashlee Simpson's CD a reprieve; the opportunity to turn in her CD for one of a higher entertainment quality. Elvis Costello, The Ramones, X, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant, Aretha Franklin, Mr. Bungle, Ray Charles, Abe Lincoln Story, Grateful Dead, Neil Hamburger, Joni Mitchell, and Brian Wilson. Due to the overwhelming response, and the public's suggestions of other substandard artists for trade, this exchange will continue indefinitely and will be expanded to include other artists who are detrimental to the public's well being. Starting immediately we will also accept any Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, Nick Lachay, Jessica Simpson, Creed, Paris Hilton, Limp Bizkit, and any boy band albums for trade. If you're in a city outside NYC or L.A., contact Hopeinfilm@aol.com or visit www.hopeinamerica.com for an exchange.
Too bad I don't own crap otherwise I might consider. Okay, I own a Limp Bizkit CD (Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water), and I'm not about to give it up. Anyway, daily Aggressive-Voice readers know I've been especially hard on non-talents; just scroll down to read my review of two bad popular pop songs and check the October archives for my lauding of Ashlee Simpson. Several of you seem to agree with my analysis, and now is the chance to do something about it!


0 comments: