Home Sweet Canada?

Thursday, November 04, 2004

I realize I've been laying it on thick when it comes to all the whiners who have emerged since President Bush claimed victory, and to be sure, I would have done the same to the conservatives had Kerry won. Believe me, I was looking forward to lauding the Bush cheerleaders and all those that make up the conservative blogosphere.

But it's Bush who won, so the hysterical liberals I will deride - and the fuel continues to flow through my fingers every time I read a news report such as this Associated Press story that suggests some citizens are so upset over Bush's victory that they're considering an exodus to Canada.

By all means, don't think twice about it. If you don't want to be here then pack up and leave. You can try, anyway. Americans are so despised worldwide (and have been long before Bush) that gaining legal status elsewhere is near impossible for average Americans.

As a defeated Kerry supporter/Bush hater you basically have three feasible options: Continue to whine and complain over how unfair our democratic process is, attempt a deflection to Canada, or you can shut up and move on so we as a lone nation can begin moving in promising directions. But please, if America isn't the Land you love then find a new home and never come back. It's time for the rest of us patriotic Americans to move on and be optimistic.

I know, I know, I was scared too when the Red Sox won but the sun came up the next morning as it did this morning as it will tomorrow morning.

0 comments: