I Like America Without Gwyneth Paltrow

Friday, September 16, 2005

Almost two years ago I wrote a column criticizing the mother of Apple for calling Americans "over-patriotic" and for falling in line with the typical Hollywood elitist America-bashers. It was only a matter of time before she felt compelled to speak again on the matter.

While being interviewed for a Toronto newspaper, the eccentric actress responded to another article by the same author with: "I totally agreed with it. I feel like we're really in trouble. I just had a baby and thought, 'I don't want to live there (America).'"

That's fine, Mrs. Paltrow, but then why are you here so often enjoying your film career? It's amazing how this privileged rich woman could view America so negatively, and yet there are those of us in this country with much less fortune who'd never dream of saying anything to that effect.

0 comments: