This One's For Dungy

Friday, December 23, 2005

I've been rooting for the Colts this season for a variety of reasons, and not just because I'm tired of hearing about the 1972 Dolphins and their perfect season. As a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan I appreciate all that Coach Tony Dungy has done for the team. He took a struggling franchise and made it Super Bowl-caliber in the five years he's been in Tampa.

The Colts won't be perfect this year, but Bucs fans must continue to root for the coach who paved the way for Jon Gruden to take us all the way, and that is because yesterday morning his 18-year-old son was found dead from an apparent suicide in his Tampa apartment.

I pray for the Dungy family, and while sports at this point must be insignificant this year, I hope he returns to the team to win the ring he absolutely deserves.

0 comments: