War of the Worlds Extends Off Set

Monday, May 09, 2005

The highly anticipated "War of the Worlds," which pairs Tom Cruise and Steven Spielberg together for the first time since the most-excellent "Minority Report," apparently extends off the set where Cruise has an "informational" tent set up for people curious about Scientology.

Via Arianna Huffington's new blog:

Cruise: The volunteer Scientology ministers were there to help the sick and injured. People on the set appreciated that. I have absolutely nothing against talking about my beliefs. We live in a world where people are on drugs forever. Where even children get drugged. Where crimes against humanity are so extreme that most people turn away in horror and dismay. Those are the things that I care about. I don't care what someone believes. I don't care what nationality they are. But if someone wants to get off drugs, I can help them. If someone wants to learn how to read, I can help them. If someone doesn't want to be a criminal anymore, I can give them tools that can better their life. You have no idea how many people want to know what Scientology is.
Well, living seven minutes away from Clearwater, where their home base is located, I can say I have a pretty good idea of what Scientology is and what their members look like. I expect to see many on the streets today on my way to the beach.

0 comments: