Forgive Me Father For I Have Seen Sin

Monday, April 04, 2005

The Drudge Report informs the hoi polloi:

# 1 MOVIE IN USA WEEKEND POPE DIES 'SIN CITY' FEATURES A CARDINAL AS CANNIBAL, IN LEAGUE WITH A SERIAL KILLER WHO READS THE BIBLE, A CROSS IN JUST ABOUT EVERY SCENE... MOVIE FEATURES BRUCE WILLIS RIPPING A MAN'S PENIS OFF...

...As news of Pope John Paul II's death dominated the weekend, moviegoers appear to have vindicated recent accusations that America is plagued by what religious radicals call a death culture in the wake of the Terry Schiavo case—by flocking to the ultra-violent Sin City.
Please. I am the greatest advocate of life you'll ever meet. I stand proudly on the side of good over evil and speak for the defenseless; the unborn. I fought for Terri Schiavo. I fought for her parents and family that wanted to keep her alive. I see the church as an institution of higher authority and a beacon for the weary. I believe faith drives the life of every good man.

But I also like to have a good time once and awhile. Tonight I cursed the Boston Red Sox and cheered the New York Yankees while downing a few brews and enjoying a sandwich. Then I saw "Sin City" for the second time this weekend because I liked it, as you can tell from my review.

And to add to Drudge's caption, not only does Bruce Willis rip a man's balls off…he shoots them off too in a different scene.

You see, I live a good life. God knows it and I don't have to prove it to him by avoiding what makes life fun. The movies can be a great release. The bloodier the better. You should try it sometime.

0 comments: